Even empty, derelict and badly damaged by the weight of the years, the majestic building drew the eye. A “cathedral station” built in 1904 on the model of a 17th-century château… The stage was set. After 2 years of refurbishment, it has been restored to its former glory and is now resolutely forward-looking.
The hall is open and bright; the imposing ceiling height has been preserved for the salle des pas perdus. A pleasant place to buy train and bus tickets, or to take a break between 2 journeys.